Professional photography is something which requires dedication and the necessary amount of training. While ‘exposure’ is important, it is important too that you get it from the right place and the proper amount of guidance along with it. When the right tips reach you in the right time, you will be able to flourish in your chosen line of work and photography is no exception to that. So, if you do want to pursue a career in photography, you better get started with a course which will give you the professional expertise that you need.
There are certain things however that you need to remember if you want to take this up seriously. Here are a few dos and don’ts that you should follow to ensure maximum success in your field:
The dos to swear by
- You have to ensure that you do proper research of all the photography colleges in India and select the one which is the best. If you are planning on becoming a recognized photographer, you cannot afford to settle for anything but the best. Do your research and carefully look at the courses before you make your choice and always remember that you should select the one which will be good for you and not the one which everyone is attending, just for the sake of attending it.
- Do take to people who are already in this field and get a fair idea about how the profession works. This will help you to gain proper insight into what clicks and what doesn’t, and this will act as your guideline throughout your career. So, talk to as many people as you can and seek out the right counsel to make sure that you are ready for what you are stepping into.
- Do take time out for personal photography. Courses can be tiring and dogmatic but use it for the right purpose. While you learn the technicalities of the profession with the course, you need to keep your creative side alive as well and this can be achieved only through taking personal endeavours and taking pictures that you like.
The don’ts to always avoid
- Do not go with any restrictions or inhibitions in your mind. When attending the top photography colleges in India you will get a lot of options for specializations and hence keep your mind open. Explore which segment interests you and you are good at and then select accordingly.
- Do not take too much on your plate. If you are planning on pursuing the course, do so seriously and do not take it as something which you can do side by side. Do it with full vigour and reap the benefits.
- Do not underestimate the power of connections. Photography is a challenging profession and hence you will need to build connections in the line of work which can be done through interactive sessions, workshops and of course internships.
So, these are some of the dos and don’ts that you must stick to when it comes to taking up photography as your profession.